Thursday, January 15, 2009

Taking The Mantle


God has done some pretty amazing things in my life in this last year. I quit the music touring lifestyle, right as things started to take off, because I felt God had a different direction for my life even though I wasn't sure what that was yet.  
On my off time of touring, I would hold a sort of "band church" at my house on wednesday afternoons. It was just for people involved in the music industry of the NorthWest to be able to connect with other believers in the scene because it seemed hard to be encouraged in your faith in this industry. That is when my good friend Andrew Young (youth pastor at Whipple Creek) started telling me about Christian Jung and the help that was needed at Whipple with worship and skate church. I checked it out, loved it, instantly felt connected and instantly started getting involved. Skate Church in Portland was such a huge part of bringing me up in my young faith, I was super excited to get involved with FacePlant. 
The kids are awesome, the church is in full support and I couldn't be happier that I trusted God to take this new direction with my life. I also feel super blessed to have met Christian and his family because they are amazing people. Simply being around Christian can make you feel uplifted, humbled and want to be a better person. Being around his heart in the last 6 months has really done a work in my life. This is one of the many things that he is doing in and through me and I am feeling super blessed to be a part of his work and this ministry. We love you Christian, we will miss you terribly! 

- Aiden Franklin

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I am gonna miss you like crazy, Aiden. You are an awesome man of God. He has such great things in store for you and for FP SkateChurch!

    Love you, man,
    Christian

    ReplyDelete